We are currently at my favorite time for church--1pm. I love that we can get up, have a yummy breakfast, take baths, do a lesson, eat lunch and then go to church. I'm all about leisurely mornings. On the down side, it's right during Katrina's nap time. Last week I convinced her to take an early nap, but this week I was busy unpacking books. As a result, Katrina fell asleep on my lap before the sacrament even started. She was all bundled up in her blanket and just snuggled right up next to me. It was so sweet. All during church, despite Caleb's protests, I got to hold a sleeping baby. She was so peaceful. Her little cheeks were all pink. She breathed quietly and evenly with her mouth open, so you could see her little teeth. Her hands were so soft and tiny. As I looked at her fingers and held her hand, I was reminded of when she was a newborn and her pinkie finger was only as long as my thumb nail. The talks were all about being thankful and I was thinking how thankful I am for this time with sweet little ones. She stayed asleep all through Sacrament meeting, but when we had to get up to go to Sunday School, she woke up. I guess it was enough of a nap, because she was very happy this evening.
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
:) Kids are truly precious- especially babies!
What a beautiful description--I feel calm just reading it.
Post a Comment