Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Maggie

Maggie has been enjoying school this year. She really loves her teacher. I know that makes a big difference and it seems like a really fun class. I have been in for several special projects that they have done and we have two more coming up before Christmas.


Her first project was a unit all about herself. The whole third grade put on a wax museum. They brought three items that represented themselves. Maggie brought a jump rope, her black teddy bear, and a book she likes.


The next project they did was to read and do a book report on a mystery book. All the kids did their oral reports in a trench coat and hat. They came in with a magnifying glass on which they had written part of their report. The teacher played the Pink Panther theme as they walked in. Maggie really hammed it up. I didn't think about it till later, but a movie would have been appropriate.

Maggie did a great job on her report.




Finally, the school does something called Art Through the Ages. Every few months they talk about a time period and the art that was produced then. The kids get to do some fun activities and they also get to try out the art. I went into Maggie's class and taught about Egyptian art. One of the fun activities was mummifying the Pharoh. Maggie was our class Pharoh. The kids were upset about this at first, however, not only did I get to play favorites, but Maggie was also the only one who knew what the kings of the Egyptians were called.

0 comments: