Sunday, July 1, 2012

Family Night Fun

We actually did several "Family Night" things this week.  First off, we had FHE.  Always a good place to start.  I helped Katrina give the lesson.  It was a rehash of her primary lesson the day before.  Good thing I'm her teacher.  Then on Tuesday we decided to go see a dollar movie.  We went to The Lorax.  I hadn't wanted to see it much because I never liked the book, but the Smalleys highly recommended it, so we went. It was actually better than the book.  The songs were fun, and the kids liked it.  On Friday we played night games.  The kids had been wanting to ever since our backyard camp out.  We started at twilight with "Sleeping Pirate" and progressed through "Firefly" and flashlight limbo.  Caleb was disappointed that we didn't play "Ghost in the Graveyard."  I told him we could do it on the 4th when we would be staying up super late again.  It was really a lot of fun to play together.


This next week's Badge of Fun is Preserve Family Memories.  They suggest organizing mementos into a display, collecting family stories, or making a display of treasured photos.  (Check the display of treasured photos online.  It's a super cool tree display.)  For each of my kids I kept a calendar of what they did their first year and made a scrapbook/photo book of their first year.  I bought a book a few years ago for Katrina, but have never printed off any pictures to fill it up. (Darn those digital photos.  It's just too easy to let them sit on my computer.)  The kids have been after me to get it finished.  I think that will be our project this week.  Have a happy 4th!  

0 comments: