Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Best Disneyland Picture Ever


The Best Disneyland Picture Ever

So, four years ago we went to Disneyland with my family. We convinced Hannah and Maggie to go on Splash Mountain. Hannah was 8 and Maggie was 6. Maggie rode with me and Hannah rode with my sister Amy. (Dad, did you ride with Sophie, or was she too little?) We told them how much fun it was going to be. They were willing, if a little nervous. They had fun through the first part of the ride, but Maggie was getting nervous when we started going up. As we crested the hill and headed down into the abyss, she started screaming and flew up out of the seat. I put my arm out to hold her in. The rest of the ride was marked by hysterical crying. After we got out, we took this picture. Notice me and my Dad--grinning like the Cheshire Cat. My sister Amy is sympathy crying. I think Caleb is too. He's got his head buried in my legs. Every time I look at this picture, I giggle. (It's the new wall paper on my computer. The kids want to change it. I can't imagine why. :) ) We're going to Disneyland in the fall. I wonder if we can get them to ride Splash Mountain again. I'm hoping for a similar picture with Caleb.

3 comments:

Hilary said...

too funny!

Judy and Lloyd Abbott said...

Certainly not your usual Disneyland picture.

Troy Smalley said...

Okay, that picture made me laugh out loud! Is that wrong? Remember about 9 years ago when our kids talked us into letting them ride the tiny kid roller coaster at the fair? They screamed and cried the whole time and you and I laughed until we practically fell down. Fun memories.
Emily