Sunday, July 3, 2011

Fun is where you find it

I hope you don't mind me bragging a little, but I have great kids. About a month ago we went on an outing. We went to the Monte L. Bean museum down at BYU and then we went to the small gardens at Thanksgiving Point. Both of these activities are free. I was struck as we were walking around that a good number of other kids would be hanging on their Mom saying how bored they were. But my kids really enjoyed looking at the animals at the Bean museum, which they had seen many times before. And, despite there not being many flowers to look at at the gardens, they ran around collecting tulip bulbs the grounds crew had missed. They were genuinely having fun.

2 comments:

Mrs Abbott said...

Lovely!

Hilary said...

i love day trips like that: free, nature, pretty, happy kids.