Sophie was so excited about St. Patrick's Day this year. She worried for several weeks about what she was going to wear. She's a little girl, pink and purple feature highly in her wardrobe, green--not so much. I ended up making a pin for her that I found on Family Fun.com. It was a rainbow with a pot of gold and some four leaf clovers. When she went to school the Leprechauns had been in her classroom. They put cookie crumbs all over the desks. Her teacher was confused and thought the class had done it. Then when they were out to recess, the Leprechauns made green foot prints all over their desks. It was a fun and magical day for her. She was disappointed to come home and find that the Leprechauns hadn't played any tricks at our house. Finally, they brought us green cupcakes after dinner, but it really wasn't as exciting as last year when they turned our tap water green.
Probably the best part of the day was when she came home. She was wearing the Leprechaun outfit that she had made at school. When she came in, I was sure that a Leprechaun was making a personal visit to our house. But then she pulled off her beard and I could see that it was her. That was a really funny trick.
3 comments:
The leprechauns left little pieces of gold chocolate for the kids this year. They enjoyed it!
It sounds like Sophie has a special teacher. That sure makes life more fun.
i love the beard!
Post a Comment