Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A page out of Harry Potter

My mom gave me an old clock of hers that didn't have any numbers on it. I wanted to use it in our bathroom upstairs to help the kids be on time, but with no numbers I wondered how it could be useful. We have been reading the second Harry Potter and I thought I would use the Weasley's clock as inspiration. Now our clock reads, at appropriate times, "Ready? You can watch TV." "Get your socks and go downstairs." "Aaah! You're late!" and "Mortal peril." It was so funny and effective, I thought the mirror should get in on the action too. Our mirror now says "Hey Scruffy! Comb your hair!" The kids laughed and laughed about the clock and mirror and they were even on time for school for about two weeks. This morning was the first time in a while that we have been late. Maybe the clock needs to say something else.

3 comments:

Jen said...

That is so fun and clever!

Sonian said...

That's great. Let's see a picture.

Mrs Abbott said...

Now you just need some moving pictures and some love potion (oh,wait- that's later on!)