Monday, October 19, 2009

The Flu

We have all been sick the last week. Hannah came down with a fever Sunday morning and Maggie got it Sunday night. Sophie had a little cough, but I kept her home to watch her, and I was too lazy to send her to school by herself. They were home Monday an Tuesday. Then Wednesday Katrina came down with a fever. I thought it was the same thing as the other girls, so I didn't take her to the doctor. Unfortunately, she has had a high fever and been very cranky ever since. Maggie stayed home from school on Friday because she had a fever on Thursday night. Then yesterday Sophie fell asleep on Aaron's lap at church and took another nap in the afternoon. That was very unusual, but then she had a fever and cough and threw up, so the naps suddenly made sense. This morning Caleb has a fever, cough and has thrown up. I have used almost two bottles of ibuprofen and am exhausted from getting up with Katrina twice a night for more medicine and general sadness. And I am tired of the constant drone of the TV in the background. I made the kids turn it off on Saturday and go outside and play. It was a beautiful day. They raked leaves into a pile and jumped in it. Then we went to a pumpkin patch to choose pumpkins. It was a fun day, but it looks like I'm in for another week of sad kids. Hopefully everyone will be feeling better soon.

3 comments:

Hilary said...

yuck! at least you and aaron haven't gotten it. hopefully it's about done making its round through the family.

Daniel -n- Teri said...

So sorry...having sick kids is no fun! If they were all going to get it, it would be easier if they all had it at once. Of course it doesn't always happen that way. Take care and get better soon :)

Emily S. said...

I have to say, as much as we missed you guys on Thursday, I'm glad you didn't come down. We've been amazingly healthy, but I am trying to get my kids h1n1 vaccinations. No luck so far-they ran out.