Caleb got to go to scout day camp for the first time this year. The Cub Master noticed that the day camp was open to 7 year olds and, since I was going anyway, invited Caleb to go with us. He loved it. Especially the obstacle courses.
| Caleb's silly face picture is the only one that turned out. That should make him happy. |
| Sister-Cousins with leis for the luau BBQ we had. |
Aaron and I got to go on a trip to Hawaii at the end of the summer. He had a job to do there and I tagged along. We rode on a catamaran at sunset and saw turtles on the beach. Happiness is spending time with your best friend. (Being in Hawaii doesn't hurt either.)
![]() |
OMG that's a giant sea turtle on the beach! Wait, look there's more!
We saw 8 or 9 sea turtles who had come up on shore to rest.
One came out of the water right in front of us.
|
The girls have been wanting to go to Hawaii for quite some time. Imagine their excitement when Aaron had another job there, and they got to go to. They loved going to the beach and playing in the warm water.
![]() |
| Maggie, Sophie and Hannah on their way to the beach in a tropical paradise. |
![]() |
| Aaron and the girls with people from Fiji. Sophie's holding the chiefs whacking stick. |
Aaron and I ran in two events this summer. First, my Dad turned 65 this year and wanted to run/bike 65 miles from where he was born in Panguitch through Bryce Canyon to where his parents lived in Tropic. It was an amazing run. Aaron and I ran a leg with him from the rim down into the canyon and back up.
![]() |
| Dad an I on the trail. We were heading up and pausing for pictures and to catch our breath. |
The Proclamation on the Family says "Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities." We wish you all this happiness this Christmas season and in the new year.
Love,
The Abbotts




2 comments:
Merry Christmas! Looks like you enjoyed a fun year.
I love all your fun things you do! Have a fun and merry Christmas, too!
Post a Comment