Saturday, May 19, 2012

Mother's Day

I have to do a little bragging about my Mother's Day.  It was pretty awesome.  Aaron made me breakfast in bed--a Mother's Day tradition.  It was yummy.  Hannah made me a card.  On the back were coupons for a spa day.  When I finally made it downstairs (Aaron was bathing the kids, no way was I making an appearance until that was over.), Hannah had transformed the backyard into my own personal spa.  First she did an oatmeal face mask.  There was a lot of giggling as she put it on.  Nothing like Mom with breakfast on her face.  Then there was a foot soak with marbles in the bottom for massaging.  Next she gave me a manicure.  She had all the nail polish out and some new nail stickers.  I choose yellow nail polish to match my yellow and pink flower skirt.  Hannah recruited Maggie to do the pedicure.  I decided on a much more muted light pink for my toes.  After this was done, they had prepared me a delicious spa lunch of a cucumber sandwich and chocolate dipped strawberries.  I was really impressed with Hannah's forethought.  Apparently she planned this whole thing back in April.  She made a list of the spa activities, a shopping list for supplies, and even drew a diagram of how she was going to set up the spa outside.  Aaron took her shopping for nail polish for her Daddy date the day before Mother's Day, and she whipped out her spa shopping list so they could get that stuff too.  My day ended with a delicious chicken Caesar salad and strawberry shortcake.  It was a great day.

3 comments:

Hilary said...

i love it!! that hannah is pretty amazing.

Mrs Abbott said...

and one you'll be sure to remember! How fun!

Jen said...

Sounds lovely. And totally impressive on Hannah's part.